Wednesday, 27 December 2017
The use of aircon in Singapore is popular in homes, shopping malls, offices, hotels, etc. This is due to the tropical weather that is experienced in this country. Aircons, therefore, become essential for use by corporations as well as families so as to maintain a conducive environment wherever you are. They are basically used almost all day and night.
Well, your aircon gives you the best of service at the exact time you want, but do you service it? Talking about servicing an aircon, you might ask, why service your aircon? Well, in fact, this is a
common question that has been asked by a number of people who use air conditioners. But isn't it common knowledge that machines usually go through wear and tear and they, therefore, need some kind of maintenance so as to ensure proper functioning?
It is acceptable that not everyone is interested in machines. With that in consideration, it is important to make it known to you that your aircon needs some servicing for it to function in an effective and efficient way as well as give you service for a longer period. To make you understand this better, here
are some concrete reasons as to why service your aircon when needed.
Reasons as to Why Service Your Aircon
1. To Clean Parts and Improve Indoor Air Quality
We all want proper air circulation despite where we are. Whether at home, in the office, or in the mall you will feel more peaceful when having a circulation of fresh air. Therefore, so as to maintain a fresh flow of air, the aircon needs servicing. Servicing it helps to remove the impurities that exist such as pollen, dust, insects, dirt, and a number of other pollutants in general. Once the air filters are serviced, you are sure of the aircon offering fresh air. The service will also prevent the damaging of the aircon unit by the impurities.
2. Helps Detect and Replace Damaged Parts
As already said, machines do go through wear and tear. It is, therefore, possible that some parts of the aircon might be damaged. If any damaged part is detected, it is important to replace it there and then so as to avoid it leading to another problem in the days to come. A professional will do this best.
3. Helps to Maintain Your Respiratory Health
Breathing is part of what keeps us alive as humans. Not only breathing but breathing in clean air free of impurities. Therefore, if your air conditioner has its filter clogged with impurities such as pollen, dirt, and dust it can be quite harmful to your respiratory health. If you already have existing conditions like hay fever, asthma, and other allergies they might be worsened. Avoiding such scenarios is as easy as ensuring your aircon is serviced.
4. Improves the Effectiveness of the Aircon
The reason as to why the aircon exist in the first place is to give you the best of service it was designed to provide. When new, it works perfectly well and you enjoy the environment it creates. But with time, the output of the air conditioner begins to lower in quality. But this does not mean it will perform poorly all along, all it needs is some service so as to make sure all parts are in place and running as they should.
5. Saves on Major Repair Bills and Costly Replacements
Do you think that doing a service is expensive? Well hold your thought and think again. Without servicing your air conditioner from time to time it will obviously cost you more at the end. The small problems that are left unattended to can lead to an enormous problem with time. It can even lead to a permanent breakdown. Some serious repairs can be as costly as replacing the whole unit. To avoid all these unnecessary expenses all it costs is simple servicing from time to time.
6. Improves Energy Usage
Did you know that an aircon with a malfunction works as twice as hard to give you a service? As it struggles to work, it also consumes twice as much energy. This makes the electric bill to shoot and in the long run, you will be losing a lot of money on electricity. To reduce your electric bill, ensure regular servicing of the aircon.
7. Protect the Environment
Sometimes a defective air conditioner can be a hazard to the environment. This is because, if it gets to the stage where it leaks it can release some greenhouse gases and HFC's that are harmful to the environment leading to global warming. You can not personally detect if the aircon is leaking and therefore need the services of a professional to service it and stop leaking if already existing or prevent it if not yet there.
8. Eliminate Foul Odors
Sometimes it is possible to tell of a foul order coming out of the aircon unit. This is normally as a result of the accumulation of bacteria, mold, and other microorganisms inside the air conditioning unit. If you take notice of any kind of weird smell from the aircon it means you need to take action. Solving this problem might involve a chemical wash which will also prevent the build-up from forming again.
9. Prevents Chances of Premature Damage
Chances are you had to forego a lot in order purchase an aircon. You would not want for it to knock down completely along the way. You can prevent its premature damage by ensuring a proper maintenance plan. It is easier to replace parts that are faulty than to replace the whole unit as a result
of under maintenance.
10. Comply with Manufacturer Warranty Requirements
Various brands offer different warranty conditions. Some will require you to regularly service your aircon as a way of maintaining the unit. If you want to have full advantage of the warranty when needed, it is important that you comply with the requirements of the manufacturer.
So, why service your aircon? You now have more than enough reasons to seek professional aircon servicing today if you have never done it before. Servicing your aircon will benefit you in a number of ways and also save you a lot when it comes to repairs and the cost of electricity. Service it today and notice the difference.
Tuesday, 28 November 2017
With the continuously hot weather in Singapore, fans and air conditioning services have become very important equipment for most people. Whether you have several standing fans, ceiling fan or one of the most modern aircon, one thing is true- they all need proper servicing. Although this is one job that you might put off, it’s a very important procedure. By doing this, your air will be less polluted, cleaner, and your equipment will remain in a good working condition for a very long time.
Why cleaning aircon is important in Singapore
· It prolongs the lifespan- Aircon servicing is very important as it usually prolongs the life of the equipment. If you take good care of it and remove any defects, it will continuously run without any problem. This will reduce any chances of going back to the shop to buy a new one.
· You will prevent any water leakage- If your air conditioner is filled with fungus and dirt, it might not be able to function in a good way. This might lead to many problems such as leakage which is not only dangerous but also causes it to work extra hard.
· Cleaner breathing air- Whether you are at home or at work, it’s very important to ensure that you are breathing clean air. You should, therefore, ensure that your aircon equipment is serviced at all times.
· Saves money, electricity and improves efficiency- Cleaning aircon ensures that it works the way it’s supposed to. This will not only save you utility bills but also saves you a lot of money<br><br>· Detect the problems early enough- Although many Singaporeans do not even think of servicing their units, this is very bad. By cleaning the unit and servicing them early you will be able to detect any kind of problem early enough.
Top 7 Aircon cleaning and servicing tips
While aircon cleaning and servicing might seem to be a hard task, this is rarely the case. This becomes even easier if you realize that it can save you a lot in the end. A clean unit will not only use less power but will also ensure that you are always breathing clean air. With just little cleaning and maintenance, you will improve your health in a great way. Here are some of the tips.
· Clean the main body- If you own a split unit, you need to carefully lift the lid and remove the filter. Next, wipe away the dust and then clean the inside with soap and water. Once you are through, leave it to dry before returning the things back.
· Remove the filters- Remove the filters and use running water to clean them. To remove the debris, you can vacuum them. After cleaning allow them to dry out before returning them back. Since the filters remove the dust particles if they are full of dirt they will only remove a few particles. In order to avoid this, you need clean them at least once a month.
· Brush away the dust- It’s also important to brush away the dust with a stiff brush and then cover the moving part or electric wires with plastic. Next, use a spray bottle to clean away any dust that might still be stuck in the coils. While you can use water, if there is a lot of dirt, try using a cleaning detergent.
· Air con vent maintenance- Before thinking about why your aircon is blowing warm air, some maintenance procedure such as checking the vents is very important. Dust, dirt, and any other blockages can reduce the amount of clean air circulating in the room thereby making your air conditioner being not cold. A thorough cleaning of the filter should be done to ensure that your aircon is working well again.
· Air compressor unit surrounding maintenance- If you are staying on the ground floor in Singapore, grass, trailing weeds, and other plants usually grow quickly and swiftly thereby obscuring the outside unit of your aircon. With regular mowing and pruning, it’s very easy for these plants and grass to start interfering with your equipment. Keeping the outside environment free of pants, weeds, and grime will greatly improve the lifespan of your unit. Thankfully, this requires no special equipment hence can easily be done by anybody.
· Condenser coil maintenance- The limited flow of air you are experiencing in your house may be as a result of a blocked filter. A blocked filter can reduce the temperature of the evaporator coil such that they can ice up and significantly reduce the unit effectiveness. If this happens, you will see some ice on the cols. Basic cleaning and maintaining the coils after cleaning your vents and filters can greatly improve its efficiency.
· Aircon evaporator coil maintenance- The aircon evaporator should also be cleaned at least once a year as part of your regular cleaning routine. This is to prevent any reduction in the way it’s working. Once the inspection and the insulation hatch have been removed, the tray and the evaporator should be cleaned thoroughly. This will eventually leave the unit ready to work for another 12 months.
· Cleaning the fan- If you have an aircon unit you will realize that dust accumulate easily. However, to ensure that it remains in a good working condition, it should be cleaned and handled with care. First, use a vacuum cleaner to blow away the dust and then use a soft cloth to wipe it well.
Remember, if you leave the unit wet it might gather more dust. It’s, therefore, important to use a dry cloth to wipe it and the right screwdriver to tighten it well. Since safety is one of the most important requirements, you need to take precaution. For instance, your unit should be turned off. As a matter of fact, you need to unplug it to ensure that there is no power getting in. It is much better to take safety precaution than to regret later.
Well, cleaning aircon and aircon servicing is a process that should be carried out regularly. If you clean and service your unit at least once a month, you can rest assured that you will enjoy the best performance. You will not only enjoy cool air but also relieve yourself from a lot of stress. Since it’s true that not everybody can service their equipment alone if you are busy you can engage the services of a professional.
Sunday, 30 April 2017
If you have never done aircon servicing before, you may be nervous. The good news is that you have microscopic to worry about as long as the company you called was reputable in your community.
1. Give your systems run better, providing controlled air for your home.
Your system may deliver cold air to your home today, only are you certain that it is operating as efficiently as likely? If it hasn't been maintaining in awhile, then it probably is not operating at full efficiency.
2. Catch any potential problems, so there is no leaking or dysfunction.
Servicemen watch for possible problems and fixs them since they lead to dysfunction in the systems. You may think everything sounds and feels fine, but that doesn't mean there aren't a problem with the next major heat wave.
3. protect you from giving ongoing expenses for repairs.
As problems are discovered and fixed early, you save money! It is much cheaper to fix a smaller problem here, and where than it is to deal with one major system breakdown.
4. Ensure your systems lives a long, healthy life.
The extended it lasts, the higher you get for your money. Each time you skips a servicing or other needed repair.
Greeting & Getting Started
When the service crew arrives at your home, it might be one person or more. Typically, you will just have one or two people show up for a basic servicing. If problems are found that need more substantial work, then you may have a larger crew show up to get the work done quickly. For this first meeting, expect a single person or perhaps a two person team. Greet them at the door just as you would a friend coming into your home.
Once inside, they will head immediately to your aircon system. You should voice any concerns that you have right away, so they can look for answers or check for problems if needed. You don't want them to have to go back and check again after they have already done their job. Get it all out in the air right when they come in the door.
You can trust a reputable service to do their job without being monitored. You can get something done around the home while they are looking over your aircon system. They will come to you and voice any concerns or fill you in on anything they find during the process. If everything goes smoothly and there are no problems found, then you will likely just be approached at the end of the service session.
Ending the Session
Once the servicing has been completed, you will be notified of any problems found with the system. You will be informed of what needs to be done next and may be advised on a time frame for having additional check-ups or other maintenance duties for your system. It is important to pay attention to what is being said as it could impact services that you might pay for in the future.
Listen to all recommendations from the service team, but remember that you do not have to accept any repairs or future services. If you trust the service and know that they have a reputation for being honest, then you should probably just follow their recommendations. If they warn that a part needs to be replaced, it is crucial that you go ahead and replace it. Once you need to turn the system on and start using it during hot weather, the service provider will be very busy with repair calls and may take longer to come out and fix your system.
If you are concerned with the cost of replacement parts, consider the cost of a complete system breaks down on a hot summer day. In most cases, you are getting off cheap by just replacing the part when it is first found to be in need of replacement. You save tons of time as well since you don't have to schedule a rush repair when the part finally gives out completely.
Air Con - Various Types of Air Conditioning Units
It has become a must to have air conditioning in today's homes and offices. This need helps with comfort levels during the hot summer months, but also provides an optimal environment for electronics, and computers. These items, commonly found in modern homes and offices, contain component that should not get too hot. Heat can make the components fail or at very least lose their efficiency. To maintain the effectiveness of your air conditioners you need to make sure to make them serviced regularly.
One of the industry leaders in cooling is air con. They carry a wide diversity of units from portable to stationery that is energy efficient, functional and most units are programmable. The various types of air con units include:
Mobile - Portable units are just what the name implies. These can be moved from room to room quickly. Most of these air conditioner are used to keep a specific room or area cold, much like a window unit. For instance, if you has a home office with a server or PC, this will keep that room cooler than the rest of the house and keep your equipment running at top performance. These units are energy efficient and can be extended to shut on.
Window - Window units are those air conditioners that fits into a window. They are installed easily and have options for windows fitting, so you do not let in hot air from outside due to crack and crevices like the older model.
Built-in Stationery - This can include ceiling cassette, ceiling hang, and wall mounted units. All air con paper units are energy efficient and can keep you comfortable while protecting your valuable network appliances and physics from the heat.
One of the great things about these air conditioning units is that compact. They are also energy efficient, programmable and offer quiet operation which is relevant to today's consumer. You may also find some of these units come with remote control operation so you can control your home or office environment simply with the touch of a button.
With so many choices in air con units, there is no reason you should hold to survive the hot months without air. It is also very important to have the knowledge to protect your expensive equipment throughout your home. Remember, regular maintenance and service on your air conditioning is an important part of keeping your unit running at peak performance. Regularly scheduled servicing can also save you money over buying new units.
Wednesday, 22 February 2017
Most of the aircon services companies in Singapore offer their services to both residential and commercial clients. Some services are best suited for residential premises, while others are perfect for a commercial unit.
If you pay a visit to an aircon professional company, here are the common categories of aircon services you should expect from them;
1. One-Time General Aircon Services
This is supposedly the most common aircon servicing category, and it entails the cleaning of the outdoor condenser/indoor fan coil, clearing the drainage piping, and studying the entire aircon system. Other than the named duties, the aircon specialist will also carry out the following services;
• Vacuuming the drainage system and the drainage pan for a ceiling mount fan coil
• Checking the purifying and deodorizing filters
• Checking and cleaning the air filter, the cover, and the front panel
• Monitoring and brushing the outdoor condenser coil
• Checking and cleaning the indoor evaporator coil as well as the drainage tray in a wall mount fan coil
• Tightening the electrical contacts
• Checking the compressor suction along with the discharge gas pressure
• Checking and fixing the fan bearing and lubricate when needed
Such services help to enhance the efficiency of the aircon unit, offering a cleaner and healthier air, preventing a possible system breakdown, as well as fixing any water leak issue in the unit.
2. Yearly Contract Aircon Servicing
Here, the service company will offer two different maintenance packages, including a Quarterly and a Tri-yearly package. The Quarterly package covers four aircon services in a year, while the Tri-year offers three services in a year.
The aircon specialist will offer similar services offered under the One-Time aircon servicing. Keep in mind that you will need to pay a full year up front if you prefer this type of service. The price of a contract will range from one company to another. Some air conditioning premises might also require extra services, which means you will have to pay some additional fee.
Always ensure that you ask the aircon servicing company about what they offer and if you can afford it. Never sign a contract before knowing the total cost of the service.
3. Aircon Servicing Deals and Promotions
These are regular aircon services that are offered under a specific discount or promotional offer. For instance, the service company will offer a specific discount on the aircon services along with a free voucher worth a specific amount of money. Also, other companies will offer a special discount to new aircon installation or for selected brands of aircon.
4. Aircon Chemical Cleaning Services
This category of aircon services entail a thorough overhaul of the A/C fan coil unit, and it is normally recommended when the general cleaning services do not enhance the performance and condition of the unit.
The services also vary slightly from the general services, and they include the following;
• Test running the system
• Dismantling individual fan coil parts for performing a chemical wash
• Servicing the electronic circuit board along with the fan motor
• Checking the control and thermostats
• Disconnecting the refrigerant piping and the electrical wiring
• Dismantling the entire fan coil unit
• Assembling the fan coil when the chemical washing is complete
• Installing the fan coil unit and connecting the refrigerant piping and electrical wiring
These services are delivered to help fix any possible water leak, extend the lifespan of the aircon, save on the total maintenance cost, and enhancing the cooling of the unit while limiting the electrical consumption.
5. Aircon Checking and Troubleshooting Service
This service entails the evaluation of the aircon condition, delivering the most economical solution, as well as advising the client on the repair costs and how to prevent a unit breakdown. The scope of work under this category include the following;
• Preparing a relevant quotation on the aircon parts that need to be repaired
• Troubleshooting the aircon system faults
• Preparing service reports on the faults found as well as recommend a suitable repair action
• Educating the customer on the findings and giving the appropriate recommendations
Mostly, a reliable aircon service company will only charge for the transportation.The troubleshooting service is usually done for free, so don’t expect to pay any money for that. Nonetheless, it is recommended to ask the aircon service company and be sure if you will pay for the troubleshooting services or not.
6. Aircon Printed Circuit Board, PCB, Repair Services
This category of service entails the testing and replacement of electronics components that are faulty. The PCB testing and repair services are normally carried out in the company’s workshop. Here, the scope of work covered include the following;
• Dismantling the PCB on site.
• Sending the PCB to the workshop for examination
• Advising the customer on what to do after the examination is done
• Delivering the relevant repair work
• Testing the PCB for about two to four days once the repair is done. The testing can be done on the company’s premises, but it must be in-house for an accurate analysis.
• Installing back the PCB once it is tested and proven to function properly.
Keep in mind that the repair cost might change with regard to the damage complexity. Also, the aircon capacity will affect the cost of testing and repair the PCB. This type of service helps to save the cost of buying a new board.
Always ask the aircon specialist about what they offer and the exact money you would expect to pay before hiring them to handle your aircon unit. Above all, go to a skilled and experienced company that will handle your aircon unit professionally.